1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get DVR 625 to stay on all day?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by calgary2800, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calgary2800

calgary2800 Godfather

Aug 26, 2006
    Why does the 625 seem to have a screensaver mode? In the morning when I turn on my dish there is this dish tv logo saying " press select to continue". What is this a computer?:lol:

Sometimes I want to use my VCR to record lets say 6 hours of a channel. How can this be done if after a few hours the DVR and dish goes to screensaver mode.

You guys know what I am talking about right?

2. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    Two ways you can accomplish this.

1. Go to preferences menu # 8 and then #9 inactivity standby and hit disable button . Then the receiver will stay on till you turn it off .

2. You can set an automatic timer to turn to what ever channels you wish and to what ever time you wish, and the receiver will turn itself on. Then set the vcr to record the show and you get the 6 hours of vcr recording.

But my question is why don't you just record it to the dvr itself? No one uses vcrs anymore for recording . THat is so 1980s.

3. calgary2800

calgary2800 Godfather

Aug 26, 2006
    How do I even get to the preference mode? Thanks.

4. compubit

compubit AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 8, 2004
    I found that when the receivers go into "download program guide" mode in the middle of the night, they end up going to the screen saver.

If I want to record something early morning (or daytime) or my DVD recorder (as well as the DVR), I set both the record time on the DVR and an "external event" timer just before the DVR timer kicks off. It seems (on my 522) that with the latest software upgrade, the screensaver stays on, even during a recording, unless I hit the select button - but an external event timer will "bring the video output to life". (I record a fair amount of news onto DVD...)

Preference mode is one of the options on the main menu (hitting the menu button the first time - I think it's 8 - I'd check, but I'm dubbing something from DVR to DVD right now...)

Jim

5. DishSubLA

DishSubLA Legend

Apr 9, 2006
    Do as Mike D-CO5 suggests, and, in addition, disable the Nightly Udates feature. Using some timers as suggested also helps.

6. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    press the Menu remote button, then the 8 button, then the 9 button to get to the preferences option (I think anyway)

7. Sleepylazy2006

Sleepylazy2006 Mentor

Aug 6, 2006
    Mine is set for 8 hours.

Let say there's a movie on at 2:30am, and it doesn't end until 4:45am, well we all know that the DVR updates itself at 3:00am, but don't worry, the movie will still be recorded. Just because the screensaver comes on during the movie, you won't miss it.

8. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    Basicly you don't have to do anything. Just because its "off" doesn't mean it won't record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.