1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you suppress the Directv message which says "get the most out of hd"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Paul@prescientinfo.com, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Paul@prescientinfo.com

Paul@prescientinfo.com New Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Texas
    How do you suppress the Directv message which says "get the most out of hd"?

2. Alebob911

Alebob911 Hall Of Fame

Mar 22, 2007
    CERES,CA
    go to setting and make sure you have a HD resolution selected. That message comes up when you are watching an HD channel but don't have your receiver set to a HD resolution. Go menu, settings,display and you should see resolutions and the different ones available. 720p, 1080i, 1080P

3. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    This is true if you have an HD TV. but if you are connecting to an SD set, you want to do the opposite. remove any HD resolution and set the receiver to 480i or 480p

4. DB Stalker

DB Stalker New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Tooele, UT
    You're getting that message because you have hd resolutions enabled in your box, but you're set to sd. Regardless of what type of tv you have, press the res button on the front of the box. You'll see an OSD telling you what resolution you just switched it to. Keep pressing the button until it shows you on 1080i. If you have an sdtv then when you press any of there buttons that bring up a menu it will open a popup that blocks the whole screen and tells you to press and hold the exit button. This will disable the hd resolutions and you'll never see the "get the most out of your hd" OSD again.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

5. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Can you describe what is set up on your tv and how your tv is connected first? Need to know why your getting it before anyone can tell you the right way to get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk