1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How do you unlock the TV Share feature on a DVR512

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by a_cmc_2b, May 30, 2012.

1. a_cmc_2b

a_cmc_2b New Member

May 30, 2012
    Hello all, i'm new here but it looks like you folks know what you are talking about. Anyway I have a DIsh DVR512 and up till the repairman showed up yesterday it had never given me any problems with the Shared TV feature and now when I call it up on the menu under System Setup it is grayed out and I cannot select it. When I try to use the mode button on the front of my DVR it says this feature is unavailable. Now again all of this was working until the repairman came by yesterday for a different reason.

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I'm showing the Shared View is not available on the 512. This is a solo receiver with only 1 TV capability. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

3. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    Is it possible the receiver took a software download, thus causing the 'grey'ing of this feature?