1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does DirecTV decide which sports networks go where?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by IndyMichael, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    Seems odd CSTV is not in the sports pak and ESPNU is. Also odd that ESPNU is the only channel in the ESPN family in the sports pak. The second IU football game is on ESPNU, so I hope it's still true you can swap premium channels for a day, as I'd cancel Showtime, add the sports pack, watch the game, then add Showtime back and cancel the sports pak.

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    All sorts of ways.

1) Contracts (so carriers dictate which channel)
    2) Which package they are a part of

Basically it all boils down to the contract...

3. lambertman

lambertman New Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Love the way you think. :)

/insanely missing my dish right now! (January's coming, January's coming...)

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Just to add, you really cant do that swap back and forth anymore, its a $10 charge, unless you keep the packages for at least 30 days

5. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    I thought the $10 charge was only if you downgrade your premiums, say from 1 premium channel to none or 3 to 2 etc? I'll find out for sure next Saturday when I do it I guess.

On a side note, Dish Network has ESPNU in their top 250 package which is $52 a month, which is a few bucks less thank the choice extra package.

6. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Nope that $10 downgrade charge also applies to the sports pack as well. Really is any channel or package. Also applies to Setanta and Playboy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.