1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How does PiP work on Genie?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by woj027, Nov 7, 2013.

1. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    So I know how to turn picture-in-picture on.

How do I swap pictures?

How do I change the channel on picture

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

2. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Press the down arrow to swap screens.

You can only change the channel on the screen on the left (side by side mode) or the main screen if you're using the smaller screen within the larger screen.

Make sense?

3. medziatkowicz31

medziatkowicz31 New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    you have to use the main genie to use picture in picture. It doesn't work on the minis. Hopefully some day it will but it might be a hardware limitation not software.

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    You can change channels on either window, just switch to it and change channels.

5. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    hmm.. I thought I tried this, I will have to try again tonight.

6. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    you have to use the main genie to use picture in picture. It doesn't work on the minis. Hopefully some day it will but it might be a hardware limitation not software.

You can do double play on the clients though.
    You can change channels on either window, just switch to it and change channels.

Correct.