1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how long after getting installation does this happen?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Panny08, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Panny08

Panny08 New Member

May 31, 2009
    got the dvr free but an additional HD box is not included. how long after install will I see the charge for the extra box? first bill didn't have the charge and although I haven't yet received the physical 2nd bill, online amount does not appear to reflect it. Although the finished isntall info online does show what the amount should be.

2. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    I always thought they charge it on the first bill. Just keep an eye out I guess. Or call in and ask.

3. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    So you asked for an addition HD STB and then figured you didn't need it and canceled it when the truck was out to your house? If the installer didn't remove it from the truck you should be fine. Does the account details on D*'s website show you should have that HD STB? If so then you should be worried and call. If not, just keep an eye out for it.

4. Panny08

Panny08 New Member

May 31, 2009
    no, when I first signed up, I ordered a hd dvr and hd box and these were both installed. I know that the hd dvr was free but I have to pay for the extra hd box. when I look up the installation order completed on the website, it reflects an installation fee of $107 which I assume is the box plus tax. I haven't seen this fee on my 1st bill.

5. Panny08

Panny08 New Member

May 31, 2009
    never mind. I looked up at my last statement for my credit card and it looks like they charged the extra box there. This is the card that I have on file w/Directv.