1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How long before 'You Might Like' updates?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DefinitelyIan, Aug 27, 2013.

1. DefinitelyIan

DefinitelyIan New Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Moved from an HR24 to a Genie HR44 on Saturday. I turned on the Genie Recommendations on when I did the install. It's still showing the message 'You Might Like is currently updating. Please check back in 1 hour.'

How long should it take to update or am I missing a setting somewhere?

2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    The very first time could take mo' than a day. But a single menu reset couldn't hurt.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yup, it can take a day or two for the Genie to start learning what you like

4. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I don't use you might like this but a you might hate this might be ok.

5. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    I was also upgraded this past Saturday to a 34 and it's still not updated........

6. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    Since what it puts in the "you might like" depends on your individual pattern of watching and recording shows, it does take some time for the box to determine what you have been watching before it trys to find shows it thinks are similar to what you were watching.

7. mrdobolina

mrdobolina AllStar

Aug 28, 2006
    A Mile High
    Are the shows that "Genie Recommends" (records) available on other DVRs in the house via MRV??

8. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Are the shows that "Genie Recommends" (records) available on other DVRs in the house via MRV??

Unless you select them to keep and record they are only on the genie and mini genies. If you select them I keep and record the series then as I recall they move to the playlist.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

9. Weaselboy

Weaselboy New Member

Aug 10, 2013
    My new HR44 took four days to start showing anything in recommendations.

10. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    My 34 is showing stuff today - the install was last Saturday........