1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long do they take to ship box?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by California King, Feb 18, 2009.

1. California King

California King Legend

Nov 24, 2007
    I canceled 2 receivers almost a month ago and they said they would send me a box to ship it back. How long does it take for it to be shipped? Should I call if it doesn't come in another week or 2?

2. colt

colt Mentor

Jul 12, 2004
    I was to receive 3 boxes after a receiver swap. The first csr said 7-10 days. after 10 days I called. After a bad experience with a new csr, I was told I would receive 3 boxes 2-3 days. Fedex dropped off 1 box in 3 days. I was told to put the 2 D-11s in one box and I would receive another box for an R15 in 2-3 days. This shouldn't be this much work.

3. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I've had receivers turned off for a couple of years and no boxes have come.

No charges on my account for them, either.

4. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    California King, I would suggest calling back. I have had this problem a couple of times when I deactivated receivers and needed to send them back.

Both times when the order was done right and the boxes were actually shipped I had an order under my "View all orders" when I login to my DIRECTV.com account. Once you click that you should see a line recently that says shipped and if you click on the order number it should say "Recovery kit".

5. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Not to be redundant but I agree Mike. You should call them.

I got mine within two days.

Let it go too long and you could wind up being charged for a non-returned receiver.

Mike

6. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    colt,

Did they show receipt of both of the D-11s? I've read stories of people sending two receivers in one return kit and because there is just the one tracking number, DirecTV only showed receipt of one of the receivers.

Just a cautionary tale for others, I guess.

7. DanieBae

DanieBae New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    You have 7 days to return it from the day the recovery kit is shipped out. If there is no recovery kit order you will not get charged a non return fee

8. Sandy

Sandy Legend

Apr 22, 2002
    Texas
    Not to hijack this thread, but when I log on and try to "view all orders" all I get is "Sorry, we experiencing difficulty retrieving your orders. Please try again later or call 1-888-355-7530 for further assistance." I have called, they haven't fixed it. It has been this way since I switched to HD about 6 months ago.

Sandy

9. rabit ears

rabit ears Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    My most recent experience was nine months from receiver deactivation to receipt of box.

I called once a week for four weeks and when I got nothing I took the unit to my home office where I used it as a step stool to reach the top of my bookshelf and as a paperweight. It also did service as a monitor stand for a few weeks. I finally set it on the floor and proceeded to trip on it.

Nothing worked until I sent them an invoice for storage ($20 a day). :nono2: That produced several frantic phone voice mails that I didn't respond to, but I did get a return kit.

Sent it back and haven't heard a word since, been about a year.:lol:

10. dreamyip

dreamyip Legend

Feb 25, 2006
    If you have the log in online to the D* web site, you can check the tracking number of the "return box". If it is not there, it means D* has not (or forgot) process your order.

11. Bluto17

Bluto17 Legend

Jan 31, 2007
    I received a box this week, for an H20 I deactivated just a little over a month ago. I never called to follow up - it just showed up.