1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does Youtube,Pandora,NFL Apps take to show up?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by JohnBoy, Jul 27, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I had my Genie install yesterday and last night I got my HR-44 connected wirelessly with the congratulation/Successful screen showing and its been almost 24hrs and still have not seen the Pandora and youtube apps appear.

I have been downloading ondemand content and its populated real good but no sign of Pandora.
    I hit the - dash button and it says swim: connected ....internet connected.

So I must be connected right,I would hope.I even opened a couple ports on my gateway/router.

Also, ondemand can really use HD for the Primetime networks.Just watched AGT and I dont even now what aspect ratio they had that in.lol...

2. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    it can up to 48 hours for Pandora and YouTube and sometimes even longer.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Thanks buddy.

4. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    It used to be that DOD took forever to load as well. In some instances I am noticing that some subs get DOD in a few minutes while others takes longer. Perhaps this is related to the subs internet download speed. and IMO, Pandora and YouTube should come preloaded on the system. I have seen reports where for some folks it took at least a week!

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    If no joy after the wait, go through Network setup, just OK through everything. In fact, try it now if you're curious.

6. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Finally got the pandora,youtube update and they are pretty sweet.

Pandora looks better through D* than my blu-ray and tv built in one.

The youtube plays well,my only gripe is when I try to search for an artist's official video, I have to scour through a bunch of garbage listings instead of the right one just showing up first.

BTW...Anyone know when the NFL.com fantasy app will start appearing.

7. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Finally got the pandora,youtube update and they are pretty sweet.

Pandora looks better through D* than my blu-ray and tv built in one.

The youtube plays well,my only gripe is when I try to search for an artist's official video, I have to scour through a bunch of garbage listings instead of the right one just showing up first.

BTW...Anyone know when the NFL.com fantasy app will start appearing.
    Yup, just a matter of time. Thanks for the update.

BTW, I really do not like YouTube on DirecTV but is not DirecTV faults. Using YouTube with a remote control is very inconvenient

8. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Agree. Should not be seen on a "tube", but rather a flat screen HD monitor. "YouFlat", though, does not get past marketing....

9. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Probably the week before the opening game. It's not very good though. It just keeps track of your players that are playing in the Sunday afternoon games, not Sunday night or Monday or Thursday. You will get much better coverage on line at whatever site your fantasy league is on.. If you're asking about RedZone it will show up for opening Sunday.