1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How long Elmo have to return a DVR after a replacement arrives?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gio12, Aug 21, 2013.

1. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    How long do I have to return a DVR after a replacement arrives?
    Few days? Week? Thanks

can delete a post now? Whats with this software too!!

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Did they send you a return mailing label? If so, follow the instructions.
    If not, you need to call DirecTV to get them to send you a recovery kit.
    It is a lot easier to return the hardware now than it is to hold on to your unit and wait until they bill you. Getting that fee removed is a royal pain.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    And for heaven sake, keep a record of the return tracking number because DirecTV return system internal documentation is the pits.

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Don't plan on much over two weeks. I think the allowance is supposed to be three weeks but you need to account for shipping.

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I just found my last return instructions (dated 8/5/2013). Paragraph 2:

This was for an HR24 where the fan had stopped working and the unit wouldn't run because it was overheating. They sent me another HR24 along with a return label.

Paragraph 3 was about recycling the defective receiver (if I didn't receive a pre-paid label, I didn't need to return my defective unit).

Not sure under what circumstances you fall under. But follow the instructions they gave you...... and if none received, call them.

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Not really. Once DirecTV receives the defective unit, charge is reversed

7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Having gone through the process, it was a royal pain. I returned the package three days after receiving the replacement unit. I had the receipt from the post office and online it showed that DirecTV received the package four days after that. Yet two months later, a non-return fee showed up on my statement. It took four phone calls including two 'supervisors' and 'retention' and the charge still wasn't removed. I had to send an email to Ellen's office to get the charged reversed.

Defining "once DirecTV receives the defective unit" was the problem. Even though the USPS showed it was delivered, DirecTV had no record of receiving the unit.

8. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Pointing out the receiver is still active on the account gets the non-return fee canceled pretty quick.

:eek2:

9. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Thanks guys. I will get it out today.

10. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I got a replacement receiver sent to me as well. Right after I received it I had to leave the country for a few weeks. After I returned, I found a NRF on my bill. all I did was promptly return the receiver and the fee was removed automatically. no calls had to be made.