1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How low must signal strengths be to get an alignment with PP

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by clueless, Jul 11, 2010.

1. clueless

clueless Legend

Dec 6, 2004
    My signal strength readings for 103ca cb and 99c are all in the 70s and 60s. They used to be in the 90s and 80s. All other sats are in the 90s. (readings are for a clear, sunny day). No obstructions (trees, etc.)

Just wondering if anyone knows at what signal strength level DirecTV will send out a tech to do an alignment tweak? (I have the protection plan)

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Some have posted that 70 is the minimum acceptable level, of course +90 would be preferred.

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Are you seeing signal problems with the HD channels?
    If so, then the PP should fix it.
    I'd call in any case.

4. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    Just call Directv and say your HD channels are dropping out during very light rain. If they ask for actual signal strengths, just give them the lowest numbers (60's).

:)

5. oldengineer

oldengineer Godfather

May 25, 2008
    I have the PP and had strengths in the 65-80 range on the 103cb. When I ran a system test it would report a dish alignment problem and to notify D*. When I called the CSR said that the strengths were adequate. A few weeks ago when 103cb was being repaired I got a few 771s. I called and reported this and got an immediate service call.

6. gfrang

gfrang Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007
    Ok hear is my opinion on signal strength,it varies to much from location to draw a conclusion. What i go buy is how it preforms if it shows symptoms of needing alignment i just do it.

If it is done correctly using the dither method it will perform flawlessly.

If your losing signal the pp should pay for it.