1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many NBA league Pass games in HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by jhferry, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 7, 2007 #1 of 12
    jhferry

jhferry Mentor

Jun 12, 2006
    I live in PA but I am a knicks fan. Since the NBA is the only ones to black me out from MSG, I am stuck buying the pass. I am not a D* customer yet. I see that MSG-HD may be available and was wondering If the games are in HD on the pass. I know the NFl has Superfan so I was wondering about the NBA.

2. Nov 7, 2007 #2 of 12
    hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Here is their HD schedule for the next few days. I would expect more and more games to be in HD as the season progresses.

3. Nov 7, 2007 #3 of 12
    Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    i don't think that list is accurate from about the 10th on.... there are gonig to be more games in HD than that list is saying...

all NBA LP channels have an HD sub channel... and for the most part... if the game is being shot in HD... it should be on the sub channel... not all RSN's are available yet in HD on directv... but a lot more are being added on the 14th I think... by then... most all games that are shot in HD should be available on LP in HD...

4. Nov 7, 2007 #4 of 12
    hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Right, that's why I said "for the next few days". It was the same for MLB, the HD schedule only goes out a few days at a time. You can check back tomorrow for the 10th, the day after for the 11th, etc.

5. Tarheel115

Tarheel115 Cool Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Here's an update from Directv on NBA LP in HD...You will notice some nights the Hd feed will be on lp and some nights it won't example-Hawks at home wed and fri night on FSN-South,Wed game in hd ,Fri not...No celtics CSN-NE or Cavs FSN-OH even though the Channels are now on ..Directv says it is still a bandwith problem until the other sat goes up and the will rotate different teams on different nights in Hd on NBALP...this may also apply to NHL CI..Hope this info helps....

6. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Thats info for MPEG 2 channels. As of today that all changes for those with MPEG 4 equipment as virtually ALL HD feeds of games will be available on the channels.

7. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    So then will tonight's Celtics game be in HD? It is not shown as such on Directv.com, but since the game is at home, and every home game is broadcast on the now carried CSNNE in HD, should't it be shown in HD on LP?

8. jmferraiolo

jmferraiolo Mentor

Oct 16, 2006
    That's the hope, with today's launch of all of the 'games only' RSNs. It might be on the channels in the 90s like the Nuggets game was.

9. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm guessing since the latest RSNs just went live today, the EPGs haven't had a chance to update yet.

10. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    So will the game be on 755-1?

11. awalt

awalt Legend

Jul 30, 2007
    I am reallty confused. If you look here:

DirecTV site

it shows 6 NBA games in HD through NBA LP for tnight, Nov. 14.

But if you look here:

HD Sports Guide

it shows 9 NBA games in HD for Nov. 14.

So if I got NBA LP and I get all the RSNs, do I see 9 games in HD or just 6?

12. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Am I missing something? Looks like 12 games to me on hdsportsguide, not 9.

EDIT: Holy crap, I'm an idiot. There are indeed 9 NBA games in HD listed for tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.