1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Many Of You Are Going To Be A Bit Jealous When E* Starts Adding Channels?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by JayPSU, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 3, 2009 #1 of 12
    JayPSU

JayPSU Godfather

Jul 17, 2007
    Now granted, a lot of the channels will be ones that we already have. However, at that point they will have all the channels we have, and a lot we don't. But besides that, you know what I miss, Festivus days! I miss those days when all of our new channels were lighting up and we "had to" go back into our favorite channel lists to add the new channels. I miss those days and I don't see any in the near future for us.

2. Feb 3, 2009 #2 of 12
    studdad

studdad Icon

Aug 11, 2008
    When that happens, it will be time to switch. Hell, it's time to switch now, but I don't want to pay the damn early termination fee.

3. Feb 3, 2009 #3 of 12
    fornold

fornold Legend

Sep 4, 2006
    Personally, there is not much in the list of channels we don't have that I would watch anyway. So a big yawn for me. I know others are waiting disparately for channels though, just not me.

4. Feb 3, 2009 #4 of 12
    davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Desperately really?:)

5. Feb 3, 2009 #5 of 12
    DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Big yawn here too. Who cares what E* does you all know they'll be removed just as quickly. See the Smithsonian Channel.

6. Feb 3, 2009 #6 of 12
    DarkSkies

DarkSkies Legend

Nov 30, 2007
    So the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence? I think not.

7. Feb 3, 2009 #7 of 12
    Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    We have a simple one dish, single wire solution. Technically elegant.

We have a DVR that gets better regularly.

We have almost every sporting event in every geography in HD, including every MLB EI game & and every NFL game in HD.

We have another HD satellite going up in September.

A rosey past, present, and future.

The only "real" competition is FiOS (and it's not everywhere).

And we have the great wealth of all things DirecTV right here at DBSTalk. Just perfect.

All IMHO.

8. Feb 3, 2009 #8 of 12
    Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Dish Network appears to be getting ready to uplink (to the new satellite going to 129) HD-LIL for my DMA.

Other than that, I'll wait on what DirecTV brings me with D12.

Sucks about the HD-LIL though... I was hoping DirecTV would make it here first as I might have been able to convince some people to switch. Now, unless DirecTV announces it for here shortly, I doubt I will be able to... :(

~Alan

9. Feb 3, 2009 #9 of 12
    Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    For me it's a no brainer. DirecTv is the only place I can get all the MLB Baseball and NFL Football in HD. I'm not going anyplace.

10. JayPSU

JayPSU Godfather

Jul 17, 2007
    We're getting killed in the premium movie area and it p!sses me off!! :D
    But, yeah, I see what you're saying. Though I must say, I like the ViP722 WAYYYYY more than our HR units.

11. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Yep, while they probably could easily add 10-15 premium movie channels today, the more practical solution seems to be to add a few non-duplicative channels here and there until D12 launches, and then add all the multiple iterations of movie channels, once bandwidth is more readily available.

For me, no big deal because I just DVR record the important stuff when it's on the main feed. I wonder how much content is really on the multiple movie channels that's not on the main feeds once in a while and can be recorded.

12. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.