1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many order Movies on PPV???

Discussion in 'Archive' started by -, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Guest

With other Technologies out there like DVD's, how many rent PPV on Dish Network or Directv?

2. Guest

I bought one movie on Dish On Demand back in June of '99 and have yet to pay for it. I buy the movies I want on DVD.

Steve

3. Guest

Pretty much never. I used to buy PPV movies here and there but ever since I got my 16X9 TV, there really is no point since anamorphic DVD's give me much better PQ.

4. Guest

I seem to fall into much the same category as the rest. In the past 6-7 years I've maybe rented only a handful of movies via ppv. They definitely aren't finding much of a profit from those of us posting here lol

Below is a link to an interesting graph showing how perceptions have changed about such things as PPV over just the last year. Granted the graph may be a bit off as such features or capabilities may have been added over the past year thus decreasing the desire for such. J

www.bigpipealpha.com/bp_d...r_perc.asp

5. Guest

Used to order 1 or 2 a month. But after DirecTV jacked the price, I stopped cold until Enemy at The Gates aired - nothing else since. I realize it's only a lousy buck, but it's a psychological barrier for me. DirecTV doesn't have a dollar "last chance" discount, either.

6. Guest

Since I've had Dish, I have ordered three PPV movies. It comes to less than one per year. I did order a PPV boxing match once. So that's it.

I have not rented a movie from a store in years and years and years. I have purchased on average 2 movies a year from a store.

So...NO ONE is making a good profit from me in this media! :)

Now if we bring in the movie channel? There's where E* is making a killing on me.

See ya
    Tony

7. Guest

Very few-probably two a year.

8. Guest

I've order PPV only once. I think it was Project X. Most of the time, I purchase the movie I want to see on DVD.

9. Guest

Just to give you a Canadian angle, I'm probably good for 2-3 a month in winter with Star Choice. Bonus is not having to warm up the car, go get it and then not having to warm up the car a second time to return it. (-4 F tonight in Edmonton)

10. Guest

I have a neighbor who buys virtually every DVD that comes out, and he has a very generous open door policy. We borrow five or six at a time and I never have time to watch them all. We only buy DVD's we REALLY like.