1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Many Other Dish Retailers Having Equipment Order Problems

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by junki, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    Im just courious if anyone besides me are having problems ordering Dish equipment.

2. RLHamn

RLHamn New Member

Feb 19, 2004

I been having problems with Dish myself on getting equipment. Most of my orders ends up on backorder. Then to top it off I will place another couple of orders a week later and they will get ship (sometimes); what I order is the same product that I've got on backorder. Then to come find out they didn't ship the first order that was on backorder, (by looking on their website it stills shows open) so I give them a call and they say yeah we was going to give you a call (happens a lot). That's a week after I got the second and third order before the first was ever sent. So I feel like they are not going down a list of who order is first. I feel like they got certain Retailers and DNSC and Dist. they are sending to first. They don't seem to help the guys that keeps them going. They come last.

RLHAMN

3. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    Well Mr Hamm I am having the same problems as you. The little guy that puts their lively hood on line to sell Dish is looked down on and left to fend for them selves :rant:

4. IanF

IanF AllStar

Jan 13, 2004
    Do you retailing guys see any new 811s and 921s flow down the pipe, or is it all 311 and 510 boxes when the system unplugs itself?

5. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    I dont understand your question "311 and 510 boxes when the system unplugs itself?" Explain alittle more.

6. RLHamn

RLHamn New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    There is very few 811's that started to flow. The 921's there must be too many problems that they don't seem to be putting them out (my thoughts on 921's). 510's is no problem to get and most basic receivers are starting to become more available. I don't really mean to sound so down on Dish, it's just when you lose customers to other retailers or to DirecTv or Pegasus and there's nothing you can do because you can't promise what you already got on backorder for longer then two weeks that Dish has no ideal when you will get it, just makes things bad for the business. I figure it's costing most retailers to just almost go under if they haven't already. I'm sure it's good to know that people are knocking on Dish door to get installed but I've seen several give up and go another route, rather it be cable or DirecTv. I always try to stand up and push Dish products, but when you have nothing to back you up, and you telling people for weeks that's believing in you to have them all taken care of in a short time becomes weeks -makes it hard to stand up for Dish.

It's take the both of us 'Dish and Us' as a team. We hold up and support and push Dish products and in return Dish should help support and back us up. We keep Dish going they should help keep us going.

RLHamn

7. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Legend

Jun 28, 2002
    Yes, everyone has been having problems getting equipment. The 921's are not shipping again yet. They are still on hold. 811's are hard to come by, but I have been able to get 5XX and 3XX's.

As far as the equipment shortage, some retailers and DNSC contractors have been getting all they need, even when other retailers are told the same day that there are 'none available'. DISH is definitely not honoring backorders. If you call in when the receivers come in, you get them. If you have a backorder, they don't seem to care.

This has been discussed heavily here: www.dishretailer.com.

8. IanF

IanF AllStar

Jan 13, 2004
    Sorry! :) The original post asked if other retailers were seeing equipment shortages and ordering problems. Some retailers said they get equipment in fits and spurts. My follow-on question was whether they're seeing 811 and 921 units when they do get hardware shipments or is it just a flow of 311 and 510 units? (I meant "system unplugs itself" to mean when the hardware actually ships, but I can see now where it might look like I'm talking about receivers themselves getting unplugged :))

Sorry if I caused any confusion!

9. IanF

IanF AllStar

Jan 13, 2004
    Fascinating. I'm a longtime DISH customer (since 1997) and have been living for about 2 months in the "Pre-order to Pre-order an upgrade 811" list.

Since I've got nothing better to do with my time I've been armchair psych-ing the whole 811 shortage. :) I'd figured that DISH would push 811s more to new customers and the retail market where they can get a heck of a lot more cash up front for them versus my $149 upgrade price. The statements in this thread and that great retailer link suggest that the 811 is in short supply across the entire pipe, though we see a handful of new 811 owners pop on this discussion group each day.

Thanks for your feedback; I'm not sure if knowing the retail market is constrained makes me feel better or worse. I guess it's time to dust off the pipe and leather thinking chair for another theory! :)

10. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I have not had any problems except with my distributor wanting me to order a receiver with each SuperDish I want when people that want upgrades outnumber the people wanting new satellite systems.

11. rvanderweide

rvanderweide New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Hi to whomever reads this,
    I just finished my home theater/living room and my only big complaint is the lack of a high definition source to feed my sim2 projector. I'm stuck with DISH for a while, so I'm still hoping for the 921, although I'm still on the 821 waiting list thru DISH itself as well. (Yeah, not such good luck) I am really excited by the 921 because of what it promises to do well in the future (after bugs are worked out) such as off air tuning, hd sat, etc.. Even though I'm on a waiting list, I just thought I would put out a shot in the dark and hope that there's possibly someone out there that reads this post that was able to obtain a 921 easily from a local retailer in the Los Angeles area. If this such info exists I would be very grateful. If not, I will continue down the painful SD version of my home theater. I would appreciate all replies, but I'm not too computer savvy...so I don't know if I even know how to directly link back and see if anyone replied.... So if anyone has any helpful info please cc to my e-mail "rickvanderweide@hotmail.com" I appreciate any input I may receive in advance!
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.