• 70+

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • 55+

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • 40+

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 25+

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Oops Time to weed out some programing !!!

Votes: 9 11.5%

How much space is left on your DVR ?

3K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  the future is now 
#1 ·
How much space is left on your DVR. How often do you weed out old programs ?

#2 ·
Once a show is watched it gets deleted. The exceptions are kids shows for which we keep 5 at a time so they have a small selection to choose from in case new ones haven't aired. I also keep a few specials indefinitely (e.g. Firefly 10th Reunion: Brown Coats Unite).

- Merg

#4 ·
Me: Usually 40-70% free, I watch and delete, very strict and organized Playlist.

Spouse (& Kids): 0% free, everything is last 5 episodes and never deletes anything. No organization or housekeeping ever.

So very thankful for his and hers DVRs!

#6 ·
I range from a low of 10 to a high of 65 over my four DVRs. You would figure the largest HD would have the most space, but you'll be wrong.The largest space is on my the HR21 with its 350MB HDD.

#7 ·
HR-23 (The DVR we record a lot of weekly series on) has about 30% free

HR-22 (The DVR we record movies - lots of kids movies that we keep - on) has about 20% free

HR-24 (Main/Living room DVR that has my wife's series on it) is about 13% full.

We have a lot of TV to watch!

#8 ·
Genie with 90% free. EVERYTHING that gets watched gets deleted IMMEDIATELY.

#13 ·
I keep my R22 at about 72% free. Of course, all of the recordings are SD so I can store a LOT. I do actually have some shows I've kept that are 4 or 5 years old!! But most recordings are deleted after being watched.

My R-15's on the other hand have very little stored on them. One I use to watch the morning news shows on ALL the local stations and that's about it. It's easy considering the ridiculous number of commercials during these news programs. The other one is set to record an assortment of daytime programming plus the same prime time shows the R22 records so I can do my own version of "whole home"....without paying extra for it!

#15 ·
85+, but I do have 2GB drives in mine! :grin:

#17 ·
Any show I watch (and if my wife cares about and she stays awake through the whole show - she gets up earlier than I do), I delete. But there are some shows I don't watch on a regular basis that I keep up to five just to have something to burn to if I'm in the mood. And so, for instance, I always carry five Novas just in case I'm in the mood for some science stuff. And there are some shows - but not many - I'm keeping up to ten for future watching. Orphan Black, for instance, looks interesting but we're too involved with other shows right now to watch it. So, I'll keep them for a while until we find the time to watch them. That keeps me around 50%. If I start to get significantly under 50%, then I start going through the playlist and weeding stuff out.

#20 ·
I usually try to keep about 60% availibility on my HR-22. Most of my saved contect are movies that aren't available on DVD in anamorphic format.

I rarely record weekly network shows. For daily news shows, I'll delete after viewing.

#23 ·
my old set up: R22 with everything recorded in HD had about 12%, room for two baseball games and recorded one half an hour series. i have had that thing full for a long time. my HR22 i would fill it up every free preview and then delete. usually got it down to 25% then back up to 98%.

now: Genie 30% (Starz)
HR22 (replaced): 80% (-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.