1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How often do Primetime Networks get updated on On Demand?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by JohnBoy, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Aug 3, 2013 #1 of 15
    JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I happened to miss and forgot to record wedsnesday's episode of Americas Got Talent (I now have it set to series rec.) and I keep checking NBC Ondemand and they havent updated yet and its now saturday.

I know some cable companies that do next day air and others do 48 hrs later to be aired.

How often and when does D* update programming ondemand, it seems like some show are behind by weeks?

I think what they should do is if they cant do next day air is at least try to get latest episodes updated by Friday evening that way people that work can catch up on the weekend.

I know the Genie has 5 tuners but sometimes people forget to set recordings or there are extremely large households were recording conflicts could abound.Thats were ondemand could come in handy.

Also D* please add Fox OnDemand soon before the start of the fall season.

2. Aug 3, 2013 #2 of 15
    sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    You should consider Hulu+ since they have a lot of big 4 network shows.

3. Aug 3, 2013 #3 of 15
    JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Adding another $8 to my bill is not an option.

However they are offering a 2week free trial.

Are they next day air?

D* ondemand programmers just need a budge or a good push to keep things updated.

Is there someone I can e-mail at D* that deal with ondemand programming?

4. Aug 3, 2013 #4 of 15
    CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    On Demand content is almost exclusively controlled by the network that airs it...You may very well find that no provider's ondemand offerings has it yet.

5. Aug 3, 2013 #5 of 15
    Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I know it can be frustrating. I have a series link to ABC's "Motive" set on only one DVR. I forgot to back it up on a second DVR and sure enough, when I went to watch it, the last 2 weeks had crapped out. I went to ABC OnDemand and they only had the first couple of episodes available. I now have it backed up by being on 2 receivers, but I sitll have not found those 2 episodes.

6. Aug 4, 2013 #6 of 15
    gpg

gpg DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    They're available on the Watch ABC app if you have an ipad.

7. Aug 4, 2013 #7 of 15
    Supramom2000

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I have a tablet, but not an Ipad. I tend not to stream anything or download much TV/movies as our internet is awful. It can take 2 hours to watch a 30 minute show.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

8. Aug 4, 2013 #8 of 15
    jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    You can also watch online at nbc.com.

9. Aug 4, 2013 #9 of 15
    lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    let me ask you a Question on "Motive" is the run date correct? where you are at?

10. Supramom2000

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    let me ask you a Question on "Motive" is the run date correct? where you are at?

I don't think it is. I think the dates show last winter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

11. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Florida
    Great topic btw to OP.

This exact issue really ticks me off. Especially the Big 3 networks via on demand. I feel other providers keep these up to date and Directv does not. On demand via Directv really is not worth it whatsoever and why I connected my receivers to the internet again I have no idea. I was able to get an episode of Camp from NBC that I missed...wow. These channels need to be more complete and not just you get what we give you bs.

1 person likes this.
  12. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    thanks , just curious

13. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    If Directv were to work with the Network program providers (if thats the case) and give us Next Day Air OnDemand or 48 hr delay and give us HD content as well, then we would not need a Primetime Anytime feature like Dish,as Ondemand would quench that thirst.

Assuming that Fox OnDemand would be included.

Directv has to be negotiating with Fox about the new Fox Sports 1 channel,so thats there chance on getting Fox OnDemand thrown in the deal.

1 person likes this.
  14. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Networks probably don't like on demand so fast and in Hi Definition rich after it airs because it cuts down on commercial revenue more than if you just record it.

15. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Many of the Next day air ondemand from other companies like BrightHouse,they disable the FF button and your forced to sit through the ads to keep everyone happy.

Only after a few days, thats when the programming gets edited and the commercials get trimmed,also they enable the FF button again and instead of a program being a full hour you would see it at 41-47min give or take.

I would take this method just as long as everything continues to be fluid and updated regularly.

Its now Monday and still Ondemand Primetime has still not been updated.