1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How set RF AND IR remote to same receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by elgenon, Mar 24, 2010.

1. elgenon

elgenon New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Years ago someone at DirectV walked me through the steps of how to set up an RF remote AND an IR remote to the same receiver. My receiver went out and I just activated a new one and the people I talk to at DirectV say what I want to do can not be done.
    Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

2. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I wish I could help. I never heard of such a thing. My impression was that you could only do one or the other but not both. You have to tell the reciever what mode you are wanting to set the remote for. Good luck with this. Maybe someone else can help.

3. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    The R 15 is the only current model that will do both modes at once.

You have an R15?

4. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Cool Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Man, I really wish that they would turn this on! Harmony in the main room, RF in the other!!!! This is a no brainer!!!

Please turn on this function! I'm sure it's just a setting in software that they can enable!

5. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    When the HR20-700 was first released, it could do both IR and RF at the same time. That function was quickly removed, and has not been back, so it was probably causing problems in the software.

:)

6. dcbag

dcbag Mentor

Oct 1, 2006
    Years ago the Sony receiver could do that. Both RF & IR are usable at the same time with the Dish VIP 722, so if they can do it Direct should be able to also. I too wish it were possible.