1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

how to add 211 as second receiver

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by sb43201, Feb 22, 2013.

1. sb43201

sb43201 New Member

Feb 21, 2013
    I have a 722k and want to add an used 211 in the basement. I got the 211 from the yard sale and is not activated. I suppose that I can connect the 211 directly to the LNB, right? The 211 has a OTA port too, how does it work? And how to activate the 211? How much more I need to pay to have 2nd receiver? Thanks.

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    $7 per month

Yes you can connect directly to the dish if you have a free port

Connect an ota antenna to the ota antenna jack on the 211 and scan for locals

Call dish to activate

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    After you have it connected to the dish, call DISH and give them the S# and R# so they can address the receiver. Cost of additional 211 is $7/mo.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    - you can connect coaxes from LNBF and OTA
    - call CSR
    - $7

cross your fingers, the box could have a balance or stolen

5. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    If you get it successfully installed and activated you can also make it into a DVR (of sorts) by adding an external hard drive.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    it will cost you one time fee $40 and you must supply your own HDD (up to 2 TB) and USB 2.0 enclosure.

7. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    If you have the wiring already in place the entire process of attaching it and calling it should not take much more than a 30 to 45 minutes. Pretty painless, unless you get a CSR that does not understand you and tried to schedule an appointment, as I had once. She kept insisting that I needed to have a tech come out to run the wire and setup the receiver. I finally had to ask for someone that understood ME!

8. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I can check the availability of the receiver to add to your account. Please PM the receiver number to me if you would like me to check. As mentioned in a later post, if there is a balance or if the receiver was leased, you won't be able to add this receiver to your account. Please let me know. Thanks.