1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How to cancel a HBO on demand download?

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by cames, Aug 19, 2012.

1. cames

cames Mentor

Jan 18, 2006
    I wanted to try out a HBO on demand with an episode of Band of Brothers. An hour later, can't watch it, status says, "processing request...". At this point I want to tap out, but can't find any cancel. Hammering my already meager DSL bandwidth.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    The last time I had something "hang" like that... an on demand download that was ordered but not actually downloading... I wasn't able to cancel it.

Fortunately it doesn't happen often... but I'm not sure if they ever addressed that bug (it doesn't sound like it from your experience here).

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Disconnect network cable from the 922 for a few minutes.

4. yall2

yall2 Mentor

Dec 5, 2010
    Just highlight it in the "list" and delete it. It will stop and be gone.

5. cames

cames Mentor

Jan 18, 2006
    Thanks, that worked to get it to stop trying at least.

6. cames

cames Mentor

Jan 18, 2006
    I'll have to check again, I don't have the normal DVR set of options available on these On Demand items. Punching the select buttons gives me the info overlay, with just "Watch" (grayed out) and "Close" buttons.

7. cames

cames Mentor

Jan 18, 2006
    I called Dish support last night, and the phone rep said he submitted a ticket to someone behind the scenes. I supposed to try again in 3 days and call if it still doesn't work.