1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How to change remote mode?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Jeff F, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Jeff F

Jeff F New Member

Feb 1, 2011
    I just figured out that when my wife uses the Direct TV remote upstairs on her TV, that it also controls the receiver I have in the basement. Sometimes, when she turns off the receiver upstairs, the one in the basement stays on. Looks like I need to switch the remote from being UHF to be infrared so the remote upstairs doesn't interfere with the receiver downstairs. Can someone tell me the procedure for doing that?

TIA,

Jeff

2. WestDC

WestDC DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Do it from the front of the receiver (using) the buttons on the front panel Access the remote from menu

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Or change the remote code setup so they can be set on RF but only control the unit its meant to control.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    So the receivers are in complete different floors? If the remotes are on RF they should not interfere with one another. If they are on IR, they need to see each other. Weird

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

5. b52pooh

b52pooh Cool Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    What are the model numbers of the two receivers and the model numbers on the remotes being used? This almost sounds like someone used a splitter on a non-SWM install.