1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Connect my HD-DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by leier911, Jan 6, 2011.

1. leier911

leier911 AllStar

Oct 17, 2006
    Hello. I currently have one rec. in my house, HD-DVR the HR-22 (100).

http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/images/3347XL.jpg

Here is the modem/router I have. It has 4 ports on the back. One port goes to my computer, and I have 3 open spots left.

I have connected a cable into that port and into the ethernet jack on the back of the DVR.

My main question is:

It will connect and view info just fine, but sometimes it will stop connecting. *ie, my desktop will say, the IP is in use currently, etc. and it will just stop. Either the DVR or my computer. I am not sure how to set IP's or how my Qwest is set up. Does anyone have any ideas so I can have both running and working correctly?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    It sounds like either the PC or the DVR or both are using static IP addresses. I would set the PC to "obtain an address automatically" and set the DVR to its default settings, which do the same thing. The router should assign addresses by itself to keep the two from conflicting. If it does not, then your internet service provider may be able to help you turn DHCP on with your particular router.