1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to delete a show with the DASH

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tivoboy, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tivoboy

tivoboy Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    So, in the tips and tricks, I see that one can delete a show from the list, by holding the DASH bottom left corner of the remote.

But, the problem that I have is, it doesn't respond well. I hit the button when on a show, and nothing happens. So, I press and hold it, and sometimes it deletes. Although, if I press and hold too long, it deletes about five shows. Literally, FIVE SHOWS ARE GONE!!

Is there a way to do this better, or does one just have to go in show by show to make deleting work, without killing everything off?

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Hilight the show, hit dash twice, only twice.

3. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Touch, don't hold, the DASH button and wait a few seconds. There seems to be a lag in deleting a show this way. If this is problematic, select the show, move the arrow buttons to delete, press select, and then confirm the deletion. I've never had a problem with this approach. Most of the time I delete a show immediately after viewing it. Most TV shows aren't worth sitting through a second time. :mad:

Bill

4. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    exactly

5. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    Do you have your remote set to RF or IR? If in RF, that could be the problem as many have had keybounce issues with RF.

6. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    One other note of caution about using DASH-DASH in your playlist ... it works not only on individual program titles, but also on entire folders. So if you hit DASH twice on a folder name, you'll delete that folder...

7. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    ...and EVERY recording in that folder. BEWARE!

8. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    You can also hit menu>mark and delete.. this maybe a "safer" way..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.