1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How to distribute signals throughout house

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by boba, Dec 19, 2012.

1. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Now might be a good time for experienced dealers/technicians to post diagrams for whole house distribution systems

I use a VIP612 with an output on SDch3 combined with a SC3 signal combiner. The SC3 combines OTA with ch3 so I can watch satellite or OTA in 7 rooms, without additional receivers fees. I have DVR on CH3 in all 7 rooms and HD only on the 55"TV at the 612. I do have OTA HD in all 7 rooms so that includes FOX, NBC,ABC & CBS. That is cheaper than DISH's hokey DVR fees and outrageous additional receiver fees.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Mine is a variation on what I've had since I first started with Dish - I have ChannelPlus 3025 Multiroom modulator which I pass OTA AND NTSC modulated A/V output from my satellite reciever. In the past, when I had a satellite DVR (a 625) - I used a combiner/ splitter feeding the antenna input. Works great !

3. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    I bought a RF modular that out puts on channel 4 for Joey One in Room One

and a other RF Modualtor that outputs on channel 60 for Joey Two in Room Two.

I then combine them using a VHF UHF combiner and send that Coax to 8 other TVs.

I then bought extra remotes on ebay at half price.

4. josh22

josh22 New Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I am in a situation where I am looking to add a projector to a recently finished home theater. The room has no tv service right now and I would like to know how I can use my current service to supply HD television to the projector. Right now I have one VIP722 supplying service to 2 TVs. The signal will need to come to a Yamaha AVR. Is it possible or do I have to pay for another receiver?

Oh, and OTA HD is not an option.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    josh22, might be best to start your own thread and add more detail....

Is your Yamaha AVR HDMI capable?
    How far is your installed 722 from this HT room?
    Do you want to be able to watch something different in your HT room from the 722 location?

There are lots of details that need to be sussed out to give you decent direction. Personally, I would want the HT room to have its own HD receiver.

6. josh22

josh22 New Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah, I don't want to hijack so I'll start my own.

Thanks.