1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get a SWM

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by mashandhogan, Jan 22, 2011.

1. mashandhogan

mashandhogan Legend

Dec 21, 2010
    I am moving soon.. (w/ movers connection) Will I get a swm?? I currently have a legacy system and wholehome on my own networking? My house is wired for SWM (with proper connectors). Please see my equipment listed below. Thank You

2. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    I would have to say yes if you have whole home in place already.

3. mashandhogan

mashandhogan Legend

Dec 21, 2010
    I even think that DTV thinks that my current setup is swm, because I was able to activate wholehome online!

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    You're almost certain to get SWM. That's the defacto standard install these days.

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yup. If you are using Mover's Connection and all your equipment is non-legacy (all equipment is SWM compatible), DirecTV will set you up with a SWM install at the new location. You can also have them perform the Whole Home DVR upgrade then too as well and get turn your MRV into a supported configuration with DECAs.

- Merg

6. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I would deactivate whole home at least a day or two before you call in for movers connection.. I think they would assume that you have all necessary decas and if you don;t then I would assume you will not have a smooth experience with the upgrade to deca. I don't see the same issues with swm.. I think you will get that no matter what, but the deca thing I foresee possible issues.

7. mashandhogan

mashandhogan Legend

Dec 21, 2010
    I have 2 DECAs (waiting to get a deal on a broadband deca)

8. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    You can use a regular DECA.