1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How to get local channels at a new address

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Michael Grant, Aug 11, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Grant

Michael Grant New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    I have been splitting my directv service up with a few friends in san diego for years now. Its great we split the bill and NFL sunday ticket. I recently moved up to eastern washington state and now my local channels are still the San Diego local channels. This would be fine but they don't come in, and when football season starts I don't want to miss any game that is only being broadcast locally. How do I get around this? Is there a way to have two service address on the account, like an address for home and an address for a 'vacation' home so that each would work with the local channels for that specific area at the same time? Since I do not have the account, it is difficult for me to call directv and ask these questions of them. Let me know if anybody else has come across this problem and how to solve it.

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    What you are doing is against Directv's terms of service and could land you in a lot of hot water. Sign up with your own account.

3. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I hate to tell you this, but I believe what you are explaining goes against the customer agreement. So if you call and ask that question, you and your friend may get your service disconnected.

4. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    No. You each need to get your own accounts and your own service.

5. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Since the question has been asked and the terms of services reminded, I'll just close this thread. "Moving" or account splitting are not topics for discussion at DBStalk.

Cheers,
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.