1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set remote for one touch program guide - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by chudgins, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chudgins

chudgins Cool Member

Aug 3, 2006
    My H20 box has been inactive for about a year and I need to reset it where the program guide comes up when you hit the GUIDE button on the remote and not the guide MENU where you press again to get to the guide. I set it up at one time so know it's possible, think it had to do with pressing a button on the box and a button on the remote at the same time?

I very much appreciate the help.

2. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Should be in the setup menus now..

3. mjones73

mjones73 Icon

Jun 20, 2006
    On the HR20 yes, the OP stated he has an H20, either he put in the wrong model number or inadvertently posted in the wrong section. :)

4. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Hall Of Fame

Jan 26, 2007
    If you have the HR20:

Menu>Help & Settings>Setup>Display

Set "Guide shows:" to "Grid Guide first".

If you have the H20, I'm not sure.

5. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    Same for the H20 also now. It is in the setup menu under "Display" I believe.

6. jeff125va

jeff125va Godfather

Jun 4, 2007
    Is there a way to have it go straight to the guide but have it default to one of the filters? I keep it set to go to the menu because I always filter it to HD channels.

7. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    One button guide/hide SD duplicates are now in menu setup on the H20.

8. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Moved to the HD receiver forum...

9. Draconis

Draconis New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    The trick is that the option to display "grid guide" is sort of hidden.

You would need to select "settings" then "setup" and go to "display". You will not see the option but if you look closely you will notice that there are more options offscreen.

Use the down arrow to scroll to the bottom of the screen and you will the see the option for "guide keypress" and "guide HD channels".

10. chudgins

chudgins Cool Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Thanks for the help, I found the option in the Display menu. Next question, is there a way to keep the H20 (read: no DVR) to stay on when the power button is pressed to turn off the TV? I know I can do it by sliding the bar at the top of the remote but hoping I could set to stay on like my DVR. My issue is that my box is not near the TV and sometimes they get out of sync powering on and off.

(

11. Chip Moody

Chip Moody Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    I found a code for my Sharp Aquos that lets the power "on" button actually toggle the power of the TV on and off. Since repeatedly hitting "on" has no effect on the H20, I just avoid ever hitting the "off" button. (Which works for me, as all the other SD Sony receiver remotes in the house ONLY affect the TV power - wish the same were true of the H20 remote) :(

- Chip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.