1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How to wake a sleeping 222k

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by ZandarKoad, Aug 27, 2014.

1. ZandarKoad

ZandarKoad Mentor

Oct 25, 2009
    I've tried everything I could think of. I was told the 222s would come back on by themselves after a nightly update if I scheduled an auto tune time. But no luck. I also noticed the 222s don't take the update when they say they will. It's always a little behind (30 minutes? 60 minutes?). Does anyone know how to get 222 to come back on automatically?

Thanks

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Try setting a timer for 4:30am or something significantly later than the FINISH of the nightly reboot.

I'm having a hard time imagining how it could take so long to boot a non-DVR.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    It could very well be the quality of the Dish receivers is something to be a shame of?…...

4. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    Funny you should mention that.

Mine is set for 6:30 AM for the update, and it use to resume what ever channel it was on.[ after the UD] I'm not normally up at that time, but a few times I've noticed the receiver is off.

Is that what is happening?

Should add, I noticed this because I fell asleep in front of it

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    You can turn off the "inactivity timer" which will prevent it from going into standby due to inactivity... but the receiver will eventually want to reboot and will prompt and if you aren't there to click "no" it will reboot and land in standby when it is finished.

The only workaround here is say scheduling that to happen at 5am and then setting an Autotune for say 6am to be safe. Of course this assumes no recordings are scheduled to fire in that time that would cause the nightly reboot to happen later than the scheduled time... and every once in a while weather can factor in and change things for you too.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    222 model never has recording capability despise old dish ceo promises

7. strongjoe

strongjoe New Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Nigeria
    Dvr is nice any way