1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How to wake HR44 from power save mode other than channel up?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by baltik, May 11, 2014.

1. baltik

baltik New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Whenever my genie is asleep - it screws up the HDMI handshake between my receiver and TV. I want to automatically wake the DVR when I power the TV using a macro on my Harmony remote. However I do not want to use the channel up/down buttons to do so since there is a reasonable chance the DVR may be already awake and the channel will then be changed... Any ideas?

I realize I can simply disable the power save mode but I really like to retain the option if possible.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Just disable Power Save Mode. It only saves about one or two watts on a DVR that consumes ~40W. Hardly worth the hassle.

1 person likes this.
  3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Press GUIDE, INFO, MENU, LIST etc

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Um,why not just hit the power on button. Its descrete off the rc71 remote.

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    In my case that would then switch the TV either on or off.

It reminds me that I haven't fixed that problem at all- neither HR44 nor C41 have the right code to not switch the Sammies with the press of either on or off.

6. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    If he's using a universal remote then that won't be an issue. Simply clear it and have no TV set while learning commands.

;)

7. hasan

hasan New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    I use Info, then hit select (to clear the power up message). You might try that.