1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How/When do shows fall of my GenieGo?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by cmalberto, Jun 3, 2013.

1. cmalberto

cmalberto AllStar

Jun 15, 2007
    When / how dow shows that are no longer on my DVR roll off my GenieGo? Is there a way to force this otherwise?

So I am quite sure playing the show in question has been prepared. It is neither on either of my 2 connected devices(Mac and iPad). I have also watched on the DVR and have deleted off of the playlist. My thought was that it should fall of the GenieGo too since I have watched and no longer want view.

I am wondering longer term on some of my series that I am behind on that they are prepared but will most likely watch on my DVR and if so I would like for it to be removed as I don't want to keep up with what I have previously watched.

Any thoughts, comments are ideas will most appreciated.

--Mickey

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Shows that are deleted from the dvr should fall off the geniego. There may be some time gap just to be sure that a show isn't deleted if a dvr is just offline for a while.

It really doesn't matter because the geniego is just a first in - first out - things are pushed out as space is needed.

That works until a bad transcode or some other problem occurs. A two-minute reset will clear everything.

3. cmalberto

cmalberto AllStar

Jun 15, 2007
    Thanks for the comment. My only real issue is trying to remember that I have watched a particular show in the series. I have like 5 shows at a time and I may watch one or two on the DVR. Then I have to remember which ones on the mobile device as it doesn't indicate that the show has been watched nor does it reside on the DVR since it was deleted.

Any way that is my dilemma. Doing a reset wouldn't be feasible as I would have to re-transcode everything.

--Mickey

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I see your dilemma!

My solution, important for some shows, not so much for others, is to make sure I watch them in chronological order. Thus, I sometimes have to refer to IMDB.com, but it's worth it—again, for some shows.

5. cmalberto

cmalberto AllStar

Jun 15, 2007
    What you know it would make a liar out of me. The show I watch earlier today is off the list as well as the show I watch last night. One. What's the one that was actually stuck. It is also gone.

--Mickey