1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howard Stern taken off the air

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Dan9, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    This stinks, E! has dropped the Howard Stern show for good, I read in an article that his show will be taken off on July 8th. There goes my entire reason to watch the E! Network, might as well take that channel off of my EPG with that show not on E! anymore. Tell me what you guys think.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050622/ap_en_ce/tv_howard_stern

2. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    ITS A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE HES DONE AND SIRIUS SEES WHAT A MISTAKE THEY MADE

3. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    He was a waste of bandwidth on E! and will be the same on Sirius. But then, E! is usually a waste of bandwidth.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Stern is a no-class, sub-human POS who would screw your mother/sister/wife/daughter in front of you. What we have lost is garbage. What has been gained is bandwidth.

Good riddance!

5. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Apparently this seems to be a DJ thing. Link to auction mentioned in article.

6. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    Most of you bashing Howard Stern, have probably never even watched his show or listened to it either. It doesn't matter about them taking it off of E! it's going to be on Spike TV before long anyway. :mad:

7. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    You are right - I've never watched the show in its entirety, but I have seen a few snippets here and there and that was enough to tell me that I didn't want to stick around for the good parts - there were probably none to be had. It is not a show that decent people would care to view. The fact that you like it says a lot about you and your mentality. :shrug:

8. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003

I have . And I hate it even more. The man is a joke to radio. He has no talent. Give me Paul Harvey anyday .

9. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    Just because I like a show that you don't, doesn't give you the right to judge me.

10. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Yes, I do have "the right" to make certain assumptions about you based on the information you give about yourself. You are also known by the company you keep.

11. lazaruspup

lazaruspup Godfather

Mar 18, 2005
    Those people that don't appreciate or understand Howard Stern, simply have not taken the time to find out about him. Yes, he's a crazy megalomaniac with a bit of a fondness for the finer things in life, but hell, isn't our President??? If you sit down and read Stern's books and watch his show or listen to his radio program, you come to understand the genius behind it all. It's shock radio. He's done for radio what Ozzy, The New York Dolls, and Marilyn Manson did for music. It's what Benny Hill and The Simpson's did for television. It pushes the envelope and that makes people want to watch. There is definitely tasteless humor and actions carried out on Stern, but that doesn't mean there aren't millions of individuals who won't tune in the next day to find out if he'll top it.

Stern is a money-maker and Sirius knows it. E! is going to be re-running his shows indefinitely but will cease new shows the first week of July. Stern's show will move, most likely to Spike, where it will be a better fit anyways. So... in response, Stern's a brilliant man with a plan. Do you think you could talk on the radio and make millions of dollars doing it every year... no, in fact most radio personalities never even reach six figures on a local or national level.

Oh and Paul Harvey??? Is he still alive, or did he finally die from irregularity??? Oh, no maybe he was smothered by a mattress he was hocking....

Good Day!

12. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, at least you got that right. :barf:

13. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    The only info I've given about myself is that I like the Howard Stern Show. I thought there wasn't suppose to be any personal attacks on these forums?

14. mattb

mattb Legend

Apr 29, 2002
    To my understanding his contract was up july 1st and they didnt want to renew... not completley them pulling him, they just decided not to renew the show... It wasnt that great anyways, it was just bits of his radio show crammed into a 30 minute TV show, censored (if you liked girls flashing themselves on tv with big blocks over them, i guess it was a great show but otherwise, kinda a waste of space like those informercials on half the cable channels over nights)

15. toomuchtv

toomuchtv Godfather

May 17, 2002
    I couldn't agree more. What total filth!

16. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003

Wow. You sure made my point with your comment about Paul Harvey. Did you think Howard Stern will make it to the Radio Hall of Fame? No way. Sure Stern makes money. But so does Larry Flynt. It's really easy to do what Howard does on the radio. Anyone could do what he does. It's not so easy to be like Paul Harvey.

17. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    And there was no personal attack on you. If you were offended, you need to grow some thicker skin.

18. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    i have watched it before

19. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    ye i would put the all in the same boat :grin: and if you are into that type of show opie and anthony kick his tail everyday

20. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    Who are Opie and Anthony?