1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Howard TV on Direct?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mike62, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike62

mike62 Mentor

Mar 9, 2006
    I looked on DTV website and did not see any mention of any Howard Stern programming but I would almost swear I heard him mention being on Direct the other day. Has anyone heard of this possibility?

2. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Stern is on Sirus.. D & E don't want to pay for copywrited mateial. It's highly unlikely.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    D* and E* retransmit copyrighted material all the time -- they just pay for the retrans -- what's the big deal?

Although Stern's a slug, he's no worse than (not then) some of the garbage, I mean, comedy on SHOW & HBO.

4. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    If you're talking about Howard Stern on Demand, I doubt it, since iNDemand is the one who distributes the Howard Stern on Demand service.

On a side note, he could have been talking about Wendy the Retard calling up Opie and Anthony during their show, which is available on D*.

5. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    In Demand is a joint venture from Comcast, Time Warner and Cox so no Stern On Demand won't be on DirecTV anytime soon. I was going to subscribe to Stern On demand but for $13.95, and due to the fact I'm not that big of a fan, I decided against it.

6. looknow12

looknow12 AllStar

Nov 24, 2006
    It's so worth it. My wife isn't a big fan of the radio show...never listens, but elbows me to watch Howard TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.