1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR 10-250. Do I need anything else?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Jackal, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackal

Jackal Cool Member

Jun 10, 2003
    I want to be ready when my HD Tivo arrives. I have a triple LNB dish on the roof and am receiving a good signal on all three satellites. I am currently receiving HD programming on my Samsung HD receiver and SD programming on the leased receiver from DirectTv. The HD Tivo is going to replace the Samsung HD unit. I know I have to run an additional coax for the two tuner HD Tivo. Here is my question: Do I need a different switch? Or are the triple LNB dishes already set up to accept more that two cables? I think I read somewhere that the triple LNB dishes have a built in switch. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jackal

2. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    a tri-LNB dish already has a bult-in multi-switch.
    "leased receiver from DirectTv."-what is this? DirecTV doesn't lease receivers and they haven't for many years. I haven't heard of anyone is quite a few years that still has a leased receiver, as I think they made people buy them out when they canceled the program.

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Jackal,

The triple LNB dish should have 4 leads/connections. If you are connecting 4 or fewer cables to the dish, you should not need any additional switches. From what I read, it sounds like you're running two cables from it now. You should be just fine adding another cable with no additional equipment.

Enjoy your HR10-250! The ooh-aah factor in my house has been BIG!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.