1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hr 20-700 and hr 21-700

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by mfortune, Oct 27, 2008.

1. mfortune

mfortune New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    I have both DVR recorders in my house connected to a linksys router with linksys wireless gaming adapters. I see 4 ip address in the dhcp table. Two for the Dvr's and 2 for the Linksys adapters. Out to the net via DSL. Both setup menus show the internet connection is live. I have been using on demand on the HR 21 for months, so I decided to hookup the HR20. On demand worked for an hour or a day, then the wife informed me it was gone. Oh yes it is..... All you get is a pretty blue screen and "Channel 1000 not available". I have tried multiple resets with the menu, power, and red button. Nothing, it is gone. Direct TV tech said format the whole DVR. I choose to live the wife has it 80% full. The Direct tv forums mention the issus but no solutions. Any help , besides a total death reset would be appreciated. Thanks

2. mfortune

mfortune New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Picked up a thread on Direct tv website. Do a red button reset 3 times in a row, do nothing in between. Channel 1000 comes back in full color. Amazing technological advancement.