1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR 20 Remote Control Lock Up

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by justhorses, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justhorses

justhorses New Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Since October 19, DTV has sent me 3 different HR20 receiver units and with each one, the remote control locks up and quits working for about 24 hours. Next day, it will work for an hour - then quit again. I gave up and had DTV come and take out the unit and reinstall my faithful TIVO. Does anyone know if new software updates will fix this problem? DTV techs say their records don't show this as being a "problem." They also said the major software updates won't be out for another 6 weeks. Has anyone else let them know about the remote control lock up issue?

2. btmoore

btmoore Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006
    I have seen interface lockups on every release except this last one. So far (knock on wood) the 0xEB version has not caused a partial or full lockup on my system. You have to take that with a bit of salt, it has only been out for a few days on the west coast, hardly time to know how solid it is. There are other issues that remain and there are a few new ones in this version. You might hold off until the upgrade hits you to see if it helps.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Are you using the Remote in RF mode? or IR Mode?

What happens if you turn the TV off (as there is a possibility that the TV is generating some IR interference)

As for "antoher 6 weeks"... there is an update in the stream now (pending national release hopefully monday)... and the next version after that is already in the testing cycle.

4. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    And if it is being used in RF mode, there could be something generating stray RF that is interfering.

The "RF environment" is very polluted nowdays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.