1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR-20, Updated Firmware: Still problems

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by dmwierz, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmwierz

dmwierz Cool Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Man, I'm cheesed off! Yesterday, I had the Bears game scheduled with an hour pad, and my HR-20 didn't add the hour so I missed the OT. Plus, I had the first half of 24 scheduled for the evening and it got skipped entirely. This happens WAY too often for a consumer product that has been out for many months, and I wonder when, if ever, DTV is going to get this thing fixed?

Being able to record programs when scheduled is the ENTRY LEVEL task a DVR is supposed to do, and the HR-20 stuggles to do this reliably. In three years, my HR10-250 NEVER ONCE missed a scheduled recording.

My firmware is updated to the latest rev (just happened a couple weeks ago).
    Am I alone in still having issues with this thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.