1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR-21 Rack Mount

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by emana, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emana

emana New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    I spoke to DirecTV over the weekend and they told me that both the HR-21 and the HR-21 pro are rack mountable.

I asked the rep if he was sure; he said yes.

I then asked to buy the rack mount kit and he told me DirecTV doesn't sell them. He directed me to Best Buy....ugh!

Best Buy had no clue what I was talking about.

Anyone know where I can get the rack mount kit?

Thanks in Advance!
    Ed

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    The HR21 is not rack mountable.
    Is at a width that it "could be" racked... but you would need a shelf or additional components to rack an A/V component that doesn't have rack screw holes.

As for teh HR21-PRO... that particular unit will be RACK MOUNTABLE natively.
    However, there is no ETA on when it will be available.

3. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    I have my HR21-700 "mounted" in my equipment rack in the Home Theater, however, this is accomplished via having it rest on its own shelf in the Mid-Atlantic rack itself.

It is possible to get a custom faceplace as well, but I just haven't found the value in that.

Since all my equipment is now black in color, everything goes quite well via shelfing within the MA rack.

4. doctor j

doctor j Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 14, 2006
    Birmingham, Al.
  5. captainjrl

captainjrl Legend

Jun 25, 2007
    What is the HR21-PRO?

6. botcher

botcher Cool Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Speeking of rack mounted DTV stuff - Anyone looking for a D11-300 with a Middle Atlantic RSH-4A black brushed aluminum rack mount shelf? I have one that looks brand new, and no longer need since I just replaced the D11 with a H21, and had to have a new RSH shelf cut.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.