1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR-21 Reboots & VOD Disconnect

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Eagleshadow, Mar 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Eagleshadow

Eagleshadow New Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Over the course of the last two days (evenings) my HR21-700 has taken to rebooting for no obvious reason. After the reboot VOD (aka CinemaPlus) is disconnected from the internet. While it is easy enough to reconnect to the net I find that all of my VOD channels (except for 1000 and 1999) have disappeared. It takes a while to repopulate the channels which is not something I want to happen everyday! I have also noted that a few satellite channels disappear from the satellite listings although it is not always the same set of channels.

Seemingly unrelated is the fact that the receiver fails the system test but otherwise works perfectly. This was been going on before the VOD problems started.

Bill Garrison