1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR-22 RBR everyday to get it to respond

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by weadjust, Apr 21, 2013.

1. weadjust

weadjust AllStar

May 9, 2008
    Tupelo, MS
    I have an HR-22. The only way I can get it to power up is to do a red button reset once or twice a day. So far I have tried unplugging it for a while then restart, RBR twice in a row, and reset everything using the menu option. The problem has not been resolved. Any other suggestions before I call and go through all this once again with a customer service rep?

2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Sounds like a circuit board heat issue. It gets too hot and stop functioning.

Sooner or later you are going to have to make that call. Their no advantage to later unless you want to try and upgrade to a HR44 which is currently limited to trail market areas as your replacement..

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Time to watch any recordings on that box you haven't yet and write down your series links.

4. weadjust

weadjust AllStar

May 9, 2008
    Tupelo, MS
    The good news is there are no programs recorded on this DVR. It was my main DVR in the living room but it was replaced by an HR-34 about 6 months ago. It was moved to my office and is also connected to a tv on my screened in porch.

5. caseyf5

caseyf5 DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 21, 2009
    Bethpage,...
    Hello weadjust,

It sounds like the power supply is failing. If this is the case then sometime in the future it will not power up at all and nothing you will do will bring it back to life.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    After you did a "Reset Everything", did you go set the Power Save feature to OFF ?

After the unit has been on for a few hours, have you checked the internal temperature ?
    It could be heating up and shutting off because of dust in the grill.

If you have looked at all of these I would definitely be on the phone for a replacement. Cross your fingers that you get a 24 for the replacement.