1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hr-24 audio output

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by larry scott, Apr 16, 2012.

1. larry scott

larry scott New Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I would like to know if the HR-24 sat receiver has variable audio out either from analog out puts or the optical out put when using the accompanying remote control. How about mute as well?

2. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    You realize this is NOT the DirecTV forum??? :eek:

3. larry scott

larry scott New Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Yes I do however I was told that this forum is very good with very knowlegebale participants.....I guess I will find out one way or another!

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    The HR24 does not have variable audio output or mute through its outputs. I'm going to move this thread to our DIRECTV forums.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    You can mute the audio if you've setup the remote to control your playback device [TV or AVR], but as Stuart has said, you can't adjust the level through the receiver.