1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR-24: Randomly deletes buffer...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Rockermann, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Rockermann

Rockermann Legend

Aug 9, 2007
    My HR-24 randomly deletes the buffer while I'm watching a channel. I may have an hour or more buffer, then boom... The buffer is gone and I'm caught up to live. It seems to happen a lot around NOON, but it can happen at any time. Is this a known bug? Any workarounds?

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    You might try - Swapping the location of your HR24 receiver to another room.

And see if the trouble follows, If it does -then it could be a problem with the HR24 receiver it's self.

Does it do it on all channels?
    Have you tested it on any othe HR's you have?

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Do a restart of the DVR and then see if it still happens.

4. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Happened also to me (HR21-700) this morning, twice, top of the hour (2:00 and 3:00am CST). Very annoying. Haven't tried a restart, yet, but will if it happens again.

5. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Much as I like the 24-500s, the have to be the wackiest HRs D* has ever produced. Nothing they do would surprise me. But I see another post in this thread about a 21-700 (the best of the 21 series, in my opinion) doing the same thing. Curious.

Rich