1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR-34 Recording

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by VaJim, Aug 31, 2013.

1. VaJim

VaJim Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    I thought with the new Genies you could start recording a program even though you missed say the first 30 minutes (it's 2 hours long) and the Genie would record the entire program,....? Is this only true if you were actually watching the program from the start and then decided to rcord it?

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    It is only true if you were watching it since the beginning, same as on the HR2X's.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    One of the Genie's 5 tuners has to have been on that channel if you want to "back up" to the beginning of the show.

4. VaJim

VaJim Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    gotcha.....i was 'surfing' and landed on show (after missing 30 minutes) and then hit 'record'. The HR34 started to record from the spot.

5. Mike Greer

Mike Greer Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Yeah - that's just the marketing people stretching the truth in the hope people won't find out how it really works until after they have signed up.

Just as stated that 'feature' doesn't work unless one of the tuners has been tuned to that channel since what you want to record started. Happens pretty rarely unless you watch and record the same 5 channels most of the time.

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yeah - that's just the marketing people stretching the truth in the hope people won't find out how it really works until after they have signed up.

Just as stated that 'feature' doesn't work unless one of the tuners has been tuned to that channel since what you want to record started. Happens pretty rarely unless you watch and record the same 5 channels most of the time.
    it has happen to me with Genie recommends

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk