1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR-34 Series Manager / Scheduler

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by yatsco, Jun 29, 2012.

1. yatsco

yatsco Mentor

Aug 30, 2007
    Every time that I do a Restart with the HR-34, I loose the scheduler which then over 24 hours it rebuilds itself. I do not loose my list of program in the Series Manager but all the previously schedules of upcoming shows that are more that 24 hours from when I did the restart disappears. If I go to the guide for that station it will say title unavailable. By the next day all these shows reappear as scheduled shows. Is this a common problem with the HR-34? Is there anything that can be done to correct this from reoccurring everytime I do a restart?

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    It's an issue with the software in the box and nothing you can do about it until its corrected, which hopefully will be very soon.

3. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    stop restarting the unit.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Pretty much all the dvrs do that exact same thing when rebooted unless I'm reading this wrong. You restart, the unit re-acquires guide data and rebuilds the scheduler from your Series Manager...happens on all the dvrs like that. Over the next 24-48 hours it should repopulate the guide data and be just about back to exactly where it was before the reboot.

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Have you tried tightening them?

6. Jerry_K

Jerry_K Godfather

Oct 21, 2006
    Please lobby the road commissions to put a set of wires in the road so we can have power to our DVRs while travelling.

And sometimes the DTV DVRs can only be brought out of a glitch that freezes them with an RBR or electrical disconnect.

7. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    The HR2X models retain the scheduler (unless a double reboot is completed.) Just tested on my HR24-500 and my to-do list is still completely intact (as is the guide data.)

8. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    That is incorrect. The HR2X series DVRs retain guide data on reboot unless you reboot twice in a 30 minute timeframe.

The HR34 not retaining the guide data is an issue that is being worked on.

9. Jul 8, 2012 #9 of 10
    gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
    Yah all the non HR34's take two reboots withing 30minutes to flush the guide.

Looks like the 34 only takes one reboot to flush the guide b/c i just restarted mine and my guide data was lost.

10. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    As mentioned, the HR34 losing its Guide Data after one reboot is a bug that is being worked on. When fixed, it will work just like the Hx2x series.

- Merg