1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR-34 where'd the buffer go?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by TedBarrett, Apr 5, 2013.

1. TedBarrett

TedBarrett Godfather

Oct 10, 2007
    Typical scenario: put the channel on the news, playback a show from the list, end the playback back up the buffer to the start of the news and skip the commercials. Lately, this release? when I exit the playback the buffer is gone. Nothing else is recording, the tuned channel should have it's own tuner. The other receiver is an H25 and shouldn't use a tuner. Happens even if the H25 is off.

I really liked that let the buffer build up ability. What gives?

2. TedBarrett

TedBarrett Godfather

Oct 10, 2007
    I'm on 0x67e on the HR34

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    It's a known issue that the buffer can get wiped after watching a recording. Unfortunately, it does not seem that a fix is coming and possibly won't be here. While you were watching the recording, was anything else being recorded or was anyone else using a Client connected to that Genie?

- Merg

4. TedBarrett

TedBarrett Godfather

Oct 10, 2007
    No other recordings were happening nor were any clients, only have one H25, running. Even tried pausing the live channel before playing the recording - no luck.

5. FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver All Star/Supporter

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
    Why not just hit the record button instead?

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    lol. right on. one button fix

7. TedBarrett

TedBarrett Godfather

Oct 10, 2007
    Yes, of course. That's what I started doing. But the leave the current buffer alone was nice.

8. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I think there are signs of it being addressed.

9. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I can only hope. It is annoying.

- Merg