1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR-44/700 throwing a fit... I think it's dead, Jim...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by mhking, Feb 21, 2014.

1. mhking

mhking Legend

Oct 27, 2002
    Atlanta
    Loud noises from my relatively new HR-44/700 (got it in November). Sounds like a radio control. Car driving and shifting gears.

This morning it blue screened with a diagnostic code of 14-751.

When I called they said I needed a replacement. I'm expecting it tomorrow based on what the CSR told me. Is thee anything special I need to know to swap it out?

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    nope, just plug and play. (need to call DirecTV or use the website to activate)

if is connected wireless to the net, just need to repeat network set up and put in password. if is connected via CCK or ethernet it will auto detect the internet

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Also make sure to call them up anyway to make sure they send you a recovery kit to send the defective HR44 back to them. the box that the new HR44 comes in may have a return label to ship the defective one on the same box, just replacing the shipping label

4. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    Code 14 is a hard drive.