1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR-44 Live TV on Laptop Error

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tsanders3, Oct 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. tsanders3

tsanders3 Cool Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Just had the HR-44 installed and all works except watching Live TV on my Laptop. I get this error "Laptop not connected to home WIFI" The laptop (macbook pro) is connected to same home wifi that the HR-44 in on. The odd thing is my iPad works great. It can show all the live tv channels. Many thanks for any ideas.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    With the iPad, you're using DIRECTV's app. What program are you using to try to watch live TV on the PC? It's not designed to work at all. Because DIRECTV's whole-home service shares some protocols with DLNA, you may be able to see the HR44 as a DIRECTV2PC Network Share but you won't be able to watch live TV with it.

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    As Stuart said, you cant watch live Directv on a computer....

4. Joe166

Joe166 AllStar

Jan 5, 2007
    Unless you use slingbox or something similar.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Well of course...but thats a slingbox feature, not a DIrectv feature.

6. tsanders3

tsanders3 Cool Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I went to the Direct TV website and then to the guide section. From there you can select the option to look at the channels that allow live streaming. It was to the computer and the DVR needs to be on the same wifi. It does not indicate Directv2PC. These are not all channels just certain ones.

Attached Files:

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    That's live streaming from DIRECTV's servers, not from your DVR.

8. tsanders3

tsanders3 Cool Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Thanks for the help. It started working.