1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hr 44 to hr54 pls 4k mini

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Bf15, Mar 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bf15

Bf15 New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    So i just got my hr54 ordered and a 4k mini

My new 4k tv is going in the living room where the hr44 is. My understanding is that ill need the mini where the hr44 is and then ill put the hr54 in a bedroom or something.

I think i need to remove the power block thats on the hr44 and connect that cable straight to the mini 4k

Then i need to find a coax switch somewhere and swap the cables around so that the hr54 is going to the port that the current hr44 connects to.

Also i should not need the power brick anymore since the hr54 poweres it

Is this correct?

Is the splitter on the dish or normally under the house or on the outside wall?

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    What other receivers do you have? This will determined wether you keep the power inserter or not.

Regarding splitter location, it can be anywhere, just follow the coax from the dish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Bf15

Bf15 New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    currently just a single hr44, this is being replaced by the hr54

I did find the switch looks like 1 coax in 4 our, one labeeld as red for swm power. I used to have 2 other tv's hooked up so theres a total of 3 wires going into the house. one to the hr44, and the other to unused into bedrooms

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Since you only have one receiver you are a good candidate to use the HR54 built in power supply. Connect the coax that will be feeding the 54 to the red power paying port on that 4 way splitter and the C61K to the second output of that splitter.

No need for the external SWM power supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    If you just have an HR44 right now, do you also only have one TV? When they do the install, they will want to test the HR54 in your second location (device, wiring, etc.). If you don't have a 2nd TV, borrow one for the install.

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Your correct -Your C61K min will Connect to your 4k TV's HDMI 2.2 Input. Your Hr54 Can Connect to your New 4k TV HDMI (on another HDMI input) or move it to another tv. You can record 4K on the HR54 And view it over MRV (thruc61K) on the 4K TV