1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR10-250 how many simualtaneous records?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by FenceMan, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FenceMan

FenceMan Mentor

Nov 21, 2004
    Just curious with the HR10-250 having (2) satellite tuners and (2) OTA tuners, how many things can I watch / record at the same time? Can I record (2) shows from satellite while wathing OTA? Or can I record (1) show from satellite (1) show from OTA and watch a seperate satellite feed?

2. wmschultz

wmschultz DBSTalk Club Member DBSTalk Club

Jul 18, 2006
    Just 2.

2 OTA

2 Satellite

1 OTA 1 Satellite.

There are only 2 buffers to record/watch live programs so 2 is the magic number.

3. dgordo

dgordo Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2004
    There are 2 tuners. You can record 2 shows at the same time regarless of source or watch a show while another is recording or record 2 shows at the time while wacthing something you have already recorded.

4. drill

drill Legend

Jun 28, 2006
    you can record exactly 2 things at once in any combination of OTA/satellite. you can view either of the programs being recorded, or you can view a prerecorded program while 2 things are being recorded.

5. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    If you only have one Sat input the magic number would be 1...

6. captain_video

captain_video Icon

Nov 21, 2005
    Not true. There are four tuners total in the HR10-250 but only two of them can be used at any given time. You can record two live shows at once while watching a third prerecorded show from the hard drive, just like any other DTivo model. Thde only difference is that you have a choice of watching or recording either DTV or OTA broadcasts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.