1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR10-250 newbie transfering recorded programs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by nfiore, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nfiore

nfiore New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Hello Everyone,

I am buying my first Tivo unit (I know what took so long) and since I already have DirecTV hi-def I decided on the new Hughes receiver. I read an article a while ago about this receiver and it made mention of the ability to get the recorded programs off the hard drive in the receiver and over to a PC, is this possible? One article I read mentioned a ethernet port which is obviously not true. I also understand that the USB don't work yet either.

If anyone has any feedback I would appreciate it before I go to pick up the unit.

Thanks

Nick

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    No, there's no easy way to transfer programs recorded on your HR10-250 into a PC. If you have A/V inputs on your PC you can connect it to your Tivo the same way you would connect a VCR. Some people also use a DVD Recorder for this and transfer their videos to DVD.

You read correctly that the HR10-250 has no ethernet port, and the USB port is currently not active.

3. rc3105

rc3105 New Member

May 16, 2004
    there are SEVERAL easy ways to transfer video from a hr10-250 to a pc or even restore extracts back into the tivo

doing the initial setup is a bit of a pain (gotta have the prom chip replaced & load a few utils like usb ethernet drivers) but once that's done transfer is easy

www.dealdatabase.com has all the info, the hd-tivo is just another s2

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    That's why I said it wasn't easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.