1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR10-250 spotted at Best Buy

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by 1995hoo, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1995hoo

1995hoo AllStar

May 14, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I stopped by Best Buy on the way home from work today to pick up some stuff and saw that they had the HR10-250 in stock. Don't know how many they had (I saw two, in the boxes). Same price as everywhere else--$999. Just thought I would pass it along in case anyone hasn't preordered, as this would seem to suggest that they'll start popping up more often sometime soon.

This was at the Best Buy on Frontier Drive in Springfield, Virginia (across the road from Springfield Mall).

2. N.va

N.va Guest

Saw 20 units at the BestBuy in Sterling Va. store
    FYI

3. DJSix

DJSix AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    Not sure about my local Best Buy, but they do have it on the website (though it's sold out)

4. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    The Best Buys I checked with in Minnesota can actually see them on their computers now (where they check inventory, I'm assuming) but they have not yet been informed as to when they will start getting them in the stores.

A couple of the people I spoke to seemed even surprised that they had them on their web site. For a long while on their web site they showed as "Coming Soon". For the last few weeks they've shown as "Sold Out".

God, I sure hope I get one of my pre-orders (Value Electronics or Nationwide Satellite) before I can actually walk into a local store and buy one off the shelf!

5. jpoklop

jpoklop AllStar

Jan 20, 2004
    I picked up my HR10-250 at Best Buy in Schaumburg, IL yesterday. They had two more on the shelf. I had one on order at VE for a lower price, but BB gave me 2 years free financing so I figured it was a wash.

Setup was a breeze, although I am having quality issue with the DVI cable run in the ceiling to my projector. I think that is related more to cable length and not the HDMI port problems some Tivos have.

6. jeffk

jeffk Guest

I saw the price listed on the Best Buy website for $299 and it said coming soon. Unfortunately it has been removed from the website. Best Buy in Schaumburg, IL has it for $999 and they said they haven't heard that it will be sold for $299. Check google(froogle) and it lists it as $299 from Best Buy. The price may be lowered!

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=HR10-250 &hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.